Comment on page
Wilder World's sister company Zero represents the underlying metaverse technology and peer-to-peer social network platform. Wilder World is the first universe built on the Zero platform and $MEOW is the platform's governance token. Wilder World citizens will be rewarded each time a new universe launches on Zero. The total supply of $MEOW is 10,101,010,101 tokens. The $MEOW token was just recently given its new name! Prior to September, 2023, the $MEOW token was known as $ZERO token:
$MEOW Token Address: 0x0eC78ED49C2D27b315D462d43B5BAB94d2C79bf8
$MEOW will be a fixed-supply economy with 10,101,010,101 total tokens. $MEOW is used to facilitate three unique utilities within the ZERO protocol (smart contract system):
- The sale of post-minted 'root domains' (all domains at the '0://' level of the protocol)
- $MEOW Layer 2 transaction (z2) and distributed hosting fees (zChain)
- Voting within the ZERO DAO (Trinity Governance System)
In earlier times, when $MEOW was still named $ZERO, the team announced the $ZERO QDO.
- 1.To reward citizens of existing Universes every time a new Universe launches on ZERO.
- 2.To create mutually aligned incentives between Universes and their citizens; when one Universe expands, we all expand.
- 3.To ensure that everyone (not just institutions and insiders) reap the potential economic benefits of having early access to new token launches on ZERO.
- 4.To ensure that new Universes built on ZERO have an immediate and automatic number of engaged citizens to bootstrap their economy. This creates an intrinsic network effect (metcalfe²) for new Universes created on top of the ZERO protocol.
- 1.Let's assume there is a new Universe launching on ZERO — 'Universe X'.
- 2.Prior to the launch of Universe X, multiple snapshots are taken of the $ZERO token contract. A 'snapshot' enables the ZERO smart contract system to know the exact number of tokens held by each address at a specific moment in time.
- 3.Key snapshot dates are announced prior to the launch of Universe X. Compared to a typical pre-sale, investors can simply participate in the new Universe economy by purchasing additional ZERO token.
- 4.On the launch day of Universe X, ZERO token holders are issued a specific amount of vested token, based on a pro-rata calculation relative to their ZERO token holdings. This calculation will vary with each new Universe launch, and is determined in the sole discretion of the launching Universe (in this case Universe X).
- 5.After the launch, ZERO token holders visit a token claim website where they can unlock their newly minted Universe X token (according to the pre-established vesting structure). Vesting structures can vary from launch to launch.
- 6.Universe X begins trading on Uniswap; the QDO is complete and a new Universe is born. One of the best parts of this mechanism is that token holders can participate in future token economies (for free!) simply by owning ZERO token. The QDO does not discriminate; it enables everyone to receive a portion of new Universe economies under the same terms, while also aligning incentives between all citizens across Universes (hence, the Metaverse).There is an additional (potentially significant) benefit of the QDO related to securities regulation. While it is not yet entirely clear how blockchain tokens will be regulated, tokens that do not have defensible utility are more likely to be classified as 'securities'. By giving tokens away for free (instead of selling them before there is 'utility'), there is considerably less risk using the established definitions outlined in the Howey Test.
The first QDO on ZERO was for the launch of ZERO itself via the $ZERO Token. This was acheived by snapshotting and issuing $ZERO tokens to $WILD tokens based on the following structure:
The initial $ZERO issuance formula occurred using three separate $WILD snapshots in time; A, B, and C, respectively. Each snapshot was weighted equally and resulted in a total of 100% for the allotted QDO allocation:
- 1.Snapshot A: August 1, 2021 — This is intended to reward those who purchased $WILD early and held it though the $WILD summer (33.33%),
- 2.Snapshot B: September 29, 2021 — This is intended to reward those who purchased $WILD before or after the initial QDO announcement.
- 3.Snapshot C: September 29, 2022 — This is intended to incentivize citizens to think long-term and HODL. After all, good things take time (33.33%).
The principle behind this snapshotting structure is straightforward. We intend to always reward those who buy early and HODL, irrespective of market conditions. We want to incentivize those who believe in our long-term vision. We know real Wilders will appreciate this sentiment.
The QDO claim process is currently live for all participants from Snapshots A, B and C and we’ve put together instructions on how to claim your token. FYI: Snapshot A & B Participants will have a different path to claiming than the Snapshot C Participants. It is possible that Wilders fall into both categories.
Snapshot A AND B Participants who held $WILD on the following Snapshot Dates: Snapshot A held $WILD on August 1, 2021 at 11:59 PM PT. Snapshot B held $WILD on September 29, 2021 at 11:59 PM PT. Connect your wallet to the original QDO website to claim your tokens. At times, some have encountered an issue with a screen that says, “No Tokens to Claim.” Be patient. The site should connect in about 30 seconds and as your data loads, the page will repopulate with the correct information to allow you to claim. Snapshot A and B claim link: https://qdo-old.netlify.app/ Snapshot C Participants who held $WILD on the following date: Snapshot C held $WILD on September 29, 2022 at 11:59 PM PT. Eligible participants from Snapshot C should visit this website to initiate their claim. Snapshot C claim link: https://qdo.zero.tech/
For the sake of this exercise, we will continue to call $ZERO token, $ZERO token though the name has now changed to $MEOW) Givens Total $WILD supply = 500,000,000 $ZERO QDO allocation = 202,020,202
Formula [(Total $WILD Held/total $WILD Supply x 100) x % of Zero Allocated for each Snapshot, which is 67,340,067/100 = Amount Claimable] Your % of WILD held at each snapshot (% out of total WILD supply) entitles you to claim the equivalent % of the total $ZERO allocated for the QDO, which in this case is ~202 Million.
- $ZERO is divided into 3 snapshots
- 202,020,202/3 = 67,340,067 per snapshot
- For Snapshot A and B “$WILD held” means $WILD in your wallet.
- For Snapshot C “$WILD held” means $WILD in your wallet or staked/LP in the $WILD staking pool.
EXAMPLE PROBLEM SET - SNAPSHOT A Assuming you held 10,000 $WILD for the August 1, 2021 Snapshot A, you would calculate the following claimable amount of $ZERO as:
Step 1: 10,000/500,000,000 x 100 = 0.002 (Your % of $WILD held)
Step 2: 0.002 x 67,340,067/100 = 1,346.80134 (Your % of $ZERO Snapshot A Allocation and Amount Claimable)
Total Amount of $ZERO Claimable from Snapshot A = 1,346.80 $ZERO Other Examples of Calculation for % of $WILD held: Snapshot A: If I hold 10,000 $WILD = 0.002% of total $WILD supply Snapshot B: If I hold 20,000 $WILD = 0.004% of total $WILD supply Snapshot C: If I hold 50,000 $WILD = 0.01% of total $WILD supply
My % allocation of total $ZERO is as follows: Snapshot A: Then I’m eligible to claim 0.002% of 67,340 067 = ~1346 Zero Snapshot B: Then I’m eligible to claim 0.004% of 67,340 067 = ~2693 Zero Snapshot C: Then I’m eligible to claim 0.01% of 67,340 067 = ~6734 Zero For more information on the $ZERO QDO, see the below Zines: https://www.zine.live/zero-qdo-token-generation-event/